Daily Devotional

I wanted to share this it is from a daily devotional I do called Today is the First Day by Carole Lewis. Carole is the director of a Christian weight loss program called First Place and this is the devotional she put out to help to "encourage on the journey to weight loss and a balanced life."

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this; While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
I had spent a lifetime trying to be "good enough to be loved." The measure of my worth was based on my appearance and body size. I believed that if only I were thin, I would be lovable. This was such a lie.
In Romans 5:8 Paul speaks about God's unconditional love, which the ministry of First Place helped me to discover. Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that is the measure of my worth. I am already good enough-even with all my imperfections-based on the immeasurable price that was paid for me at Calvary. This same God who gave His life for me created me to have a relationship with Him.
Through journaling my prayers and reading God' Word each day, I finally connected with the God of the universe. Jesus Christ not only died for my sins, but He also helped me to achieve victory in the area of my weight. More and more of my time is spent on developing my relationship with God, rather than focusing on my weight problems.
When I lost weight, I gained far more that I could imagine. I gained a precious relationship with my Savior and Lord. That's the way God does things, it seems. He blessed us beyond measure.

Prayer:Lord, Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Thank you for showing me the true measure of my worth. Thank you for unconditional love.

No comments: