A smile on my workout

I wanted to share this I read it in my daily devotional and I thought it was good.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Galatians 5:22-23

As children of the living God, we should strive to show active evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in our lives every day and in every way. Now here's a new flash: This also applies to our exercise routine.
As a recovering lazy person, I found that in the beginning, as I went out to walk each day, it was much easier to complain about how bad it hurt- how my back hurt, how my feet hurt, how much I hates to "have" to exercise. The more I complained, the worse it became to fit in my workout and the easier it was to make excuses not to do it at all.
Then I asked Jesus to change my heart toward my exercise. I began to have an excitement and anticipation for my workout every day, because I had a new walking partner , His name is Jesus. I walked with Him and talked with Him. He began to rub off on me. Before long, I like exercise so much that I began to think of my walks as having a smile on them. I was filled with the Spirit, and the fruit was evident in my workout.
People would say to me, "You really enjoy walking, don't you?" The weight began to come off as I found a new love for moving.
So how about it? Is there a smile on your workout? Try it- you'll like it!!
Prayer
Father, give me a love and a joy for my exercise routine. I desire to be a walking example of the fruit of Your Spirit.



This was from my daily devotional I thought it was good and I wanted to share it with you. Beverly Henson wrote this days devotional it is in the devotional from First Place called Today is the First Day a different person write each days devotional.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that devotion! It was really motivating for me. I have a hard time getting to Curves to workout, but once I am there I love it. Your post encouraged me to pray about my exercise habits.