Declaring My Independence

Tales from the Scales challenged us to Declare our Independence today by asking us to blog about:
Have you ever sat down and figured out exactly WHY losing weight is important to you
and HOW you are going to do it and WHAT benefits you'll receive by losing weight?
Losing weight is so important to me: The Lord has convicted me about being different than the world, the world indulges, eats anything and everything and they don't care. My challenge is to eat healthy and natural. Now I try not to go to crazy we do eat McDonald's sometimes but all in moderation and I try to make healthy choices like the apples instead of fries and chicken instead of red meat. I want to learn to be healthy and lose weight for my own health, for my husband maybe one day he will join me because I am very fearful for his health, and so that I can be a good example to my 4 children on how to be healthy.
My Aunt had a heart attack at age 28 that resulted in her needing a heart transplant and at 32 the new heart gave out and she died. I am turning 27 next week and even though my circumstances are different than hers the closer I get to 28 the more motivated I get. I do not have the dangerous cholesterol like she and some in my family do (over 500) and I don't smoke and I don't take birth control pills but I don't want to regret not taking care of the temple I have been given. The Lord has given me the resources to know the right way and I don't want to have to explain to my kids one day that I was given the tools to be healthy but choose not to obey.
I honestly was in denial about my weight, I went from being a cheerleader in a size 3 to weighing over 200 pounds and it seemed to happen over night. I took a picture with my family and I looked at myself and my eyes were opened to how big I really was, I was so embarrassed and horrified I couldn't believe the face that I was looking at. I wanted to burn that picture I still have nightmares about my double (triple) chin bouncing off my knees and my chipmunk cheeks blocking the two peoples faces next to me and I am not even going to talk about what my girls were doing....lets just say they were not perky and firm....yikes....those my be a lost cause after nursing four babies do I even have a chance????!!!!
I am learning to lead a healthy life style by following the food pyramid using exchanges. The program I teach is called First Place and I love it, it focuses on a relationship with Christ while at the same time teaches you how to eat healthy. We do a daily bible study that helps you get into your bible and we meet together every week to talk about what we are learning, pray together, weigh together, and encourage one another.
I struggle with Fibromyalgia and Hypo thyroid and I am really hoping that as I lose weight that some of the pain and discomfort will start to ease some. I sing on my praise band at church but I do hold back because of my weight. I am learning how to be myself no matter what I look like and I am learning to accept myself as I am. I am tired of hiding behind my weight, I want to run and jump and not worry about people being turned off with all my bouncing fat. I am tired of living on the sidelines, I want to coach soccer, play softball, play games with the youth, and let go of my insecurities. I want to be around for my kids and have the energy to go outside and jump on the trampoline with them, roller blade and just be a fun mom. I will get to shop in the regular size clothing again.
I took my before picture and one day I will take my after picture.....I can not wait to be an after!!!!! (I stole that from a WW commercial I think)

No comments: